Friday, November 11, 2011

Examiner Earnings on the Rise

Photo: Laura Leavell
Hi all,

As you all know by now, I’ve been writing two topics forExaminer since October 2009.  Since then, I’ve seen my earnings rise and fall, rise and fall.  When Google’s Panda hit this past spring, my earnings at Examiner dropped drastically.  On top of that, I stopped adding to my topics on a regular basis because it didn’t make any sense to write articles for only pennies a day.  But now I’ve noticed that my Examiner earnings are on the rise.

Significant Rise in Earnings

Because my Examiner earnings had been so up and down, I didn’t pay much attention to the rise in earnings at first because increases happen occasionally.  But when I checked my daily earnings today, it hit me that the rise in earnings has continued for more than a day or two – actually, they’ve been gradually rising for the past two months.  My earnings have risen by 58% over the past two weeks and are up 76% since Panda knocked them down.  Considering I’ve only been adding 1-2 articles a month to my titles, this increase has more to do with Examiner than it does with my promoting articles there.  So does this mean that Examiner is rising in Google’s favor and will once again be a good money-maker?  I’m not sure, but it is certainly worth keeping track of. 

Continuing with Examiner

If my earnings continue to rise, I may begin to contribute to my Examiner titles more often over the next few months.  I’ve only been writing the minimum number of articles in order to keep my titles since I’ve already put so much effort into them.  But if the income is going to rise, then it would be worth it for me to continue with Examiner and write regularly.  My earnings rise even more when I add articles, so that will increase my revenue even more.   

Should You Writer for Examiner?

I started with Examiner when I was getting back into writing and it was brand new.  I had no idea how Examiner would do but at the beginning, the earnings were worth staying.  But like all the revenue share sites after Panda, Examiner earnings dropped dramatically.  Now that they seem to be doing better, I think Examiner may be a good place to start for new writers or writers new to internet writing.  You may not get rich, but you will get experience writing for the internet and writing clips that will help you move up to bigger and better writing jobs.  And if you do really well in the topic you choose, it may set you up to be an expert in that topic and lead to other writing gigs. 

Does Writing for Sites Like Examiner Matter?

There are a lot of people out there who will tell you that writing for sites like Examiner, Associated Content and Suite101 will only lower your status as a writer and you will never get better writing jobs, but that is not true.  I have written for those sites and use them on my writer’s resume, and I’ve been able to get writing jobs with larger, more professional and higher paying sites.  In fact, one large website saw one of my articles on Suite101 and contacted me to write an article for them which they paid very well for.  So don’t let the naysayers get you down.  As long as you are working to improve your writing and you continue to grow, you will land those plum assignments later on.

Have you noticed an increase in your Examiner income?  Would love to hear from you.

Happy writing,

Deanna



Deluxe Hosting Go DEconomy Price from GoDaddy.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...