Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Taking Off the Whole Month of July


Gone fishing!
Photo: Deanna Lynn Sletten
 Hi all,

I just wanted to let you know that I am taking the month of July off from Write Moms.  I plan on working on a few other writing projects as well as building up my other blogs.  With all the changes that have occured this year, I've become overwhelmed with trying to decide what direction I want to go with my writing.  I feel it is time to work on the writing projects I feel most passionate about and step away from some of the writing that has become more like work and less enjoyable.  I haven't really had anything new to share with my Write Moms' readers of late, so I am hoping that taking some time away will help restore my energy and I will come back with some new and fresh ideas in August.  I also plan on spending a lot of time walking the trails with my dog, lounging on the lake in the boat and maybe even catching a fish or two!

I am not going to disappear completely, though. I enjoy reading what my fellow bloggers have to say so I'll be around, reading the latest from all of you.  Have a great July and I'll see you all back here in August.

Happy Writing,
Deanna

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your time off. I hope it is refreshing and insightful for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a nice plan, Deanna. I wish more people would realize that writing takes creative talent and when it feels like a job it’s time to take a much needed break. There is a quote from a Brian Tracy book that I keep nearby. He says, “Creativity favors the relaxed mind.” I’ve found this to be true.

    Enjoy your hiking, fishing and relaxation. I’ll miss your posts, but definitely understand the reason for the break.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...