Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Write Moms Celebrates Two Year Anniversary

By Melissa Balkon Stock.Xchng
Hi all,


It’s hard to believe, but as of April 6th Write Moms is two years old. Not only can I not believe I have had this blog for two years, but it surprises me how much information I’ve covered about online writing over that time. It has been an incredible two years for both the blog and for me personally in my own writing ventures. I hope that in the past two years I’ve been able to help many of you with the information I’ve shared and that we are all a little further along in our online writing careers than we were 24 months ago!

Live and Learn

Over the past two years, I’ve joined and tried a multitude of writing sites in my quest to find the best places to publish my articles and earn the most revenue. I learned that revenue share income can be as rewarding (or more rewarding) as up-front pay if I work hard enough at it. I also learned that some of the old stand-bys where I started my online writing journey at (like Constant-Content) are still some of the best places to write for. Most importantly, I’ve learned that no writing site lasts forever (even the good ones) and that you need to be flexible and always have a back-up plan in case your favorite site changes or leaves you behind.

You’ve Got to Have Friends

Where did I learn the things I know today about online writing? First and foremost, from surfing the web and trolling the nooks and crannies of Google to find writing sites that actually pay money. Secondly, but most importantly, from the many friends I’ve met along the way who also share information on writing online on their blogs and websites. I have met so many wonderful people who so willingly share information so everyone has a chance to prosper online and who live in every corner of the world. It’s amazing to me how small the online community can become once you start wading in the waters. A big thank you to all my online friends (you know who you are) and the inspiration you give me from your online successes.

Write Moms Moving Forward

As of today, I dropped the .blogspot from my blog’s URL and finally secured the writemoms.com domain for Write Moms and hope this will help my blog grow even higher in the rankings as well as accessed easier by those people looking for it. I’ve been very lucky over the past two years in that Write Moms has done so well on search engines despite not having a unique domain name, but it was time to move forward, onward and upward. If the blog seems a bit goofy over the next few days, it’s because of the transfer of URLs so please bear with me.

I also hope to continue to share online writing information with my readers as well as information on writing for print media. I may even add more information on writing and publishing books in the future. I want Write Moms to be an all-inclusive go-to site for writing information no matter what type of writing people do.

Thanks to everyone for visiting this blog and supporting it through comments and links. I couldn’t have lasted this long without the help of all of you.

Happy Writing,

Deanna

6 comments:

  1. How did you get the domain, where did you apply?
    Pam
    Pirate Knitting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam,

    If you have a Blogspot blog, all you have to do is go to the Settings tab, then Publishing. There you will see your current URL name and it gives you the option to select/buy a Custom Domain name. Follow the prompts and it will lead you through the buying procedure. Once you buy the new custom domain name (cost is $10/year), Blogger will change everything over for you in one to three days. There are other places to buy a custom domain name, but this was the easiest for me. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thanks, blogger does make it easy. Is it still a blog or then a web page?

    Sorry about all the questions, but I like the name "Pirate Knitting" and would make a domain.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog will still be exactly as it is now after the domain name change if you keep it on blogger. If you want to have a website instead, you can still buy the name and move it over to another host, such as godaddy, hostgator or wordpress just to name a few - there are multitudes of them out there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, you are one of the most helpful people on the web for online writing and other internet projects. I'm on intuit with my freelance website, but I like blogger much better.
    Pam
    Pirate Knitting

    ReplyDelete
  6. Belated happy birthday, Deanna. Isn't it amazing how quickly time flies? Congrats on dropping blogspot too.

    You offer great information here. Now onto year number three!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...