Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Playing Around with HubPages

Kitten number five!
Hi all,

I haven't had much time this month to do all the writing I had planned on doing. I had a little bump in the road that has side-tracked my days - and nights.  Actually, this "bump" wasn't found in the road but instead abandoned in the doorway of an apartment building.  If you read my blog regularly, you know that earlier this year we found two kittens on a country road, abandoned.  We ended up keeping those kittens because they were brothers and we didn't want to separate them.  Well, because we already had two older cats, we then had 4 cats and that was enough - more than enough.  Earlier this month my daughter found a three-week old kitten abandoned in the entryway of her apartment building.  The Humane Society was full so guess who ended up with it? While he is adorable, he is just a baby and needs to be fed every 2-4 hours.  So for the past 3 weeks I have been up night and day with this kitten and unable to think clearly enough during the day to write many articles. We haven't yet named the kitten - but I keep threatening to name him Cinco since he is - eek! - number 5.  At what number of cats do you change from being an animal lover to an animal hoarder? Hopefully not 5!

Writing for HubPages

I've never done a review of HubPages although I have been a member there since 2007. When I first joined 3 years ago, I placed about 20 articles there and earned a little over $3.00 at Google. After a year, I took those articles off and moved on.  This past year I've been playing around with HubPages, mostly because of the success Kidgas of My Online Income has had there.  I only have a few articles there and haven't made much money but I did play around last month and put up 4 product hubs to see if I could sell any Amazon products.  Surprisingly, yesterday I saw that two products had been purchased through my account and I earned $1.40 from it at Amazon.  While this is not a lot of money - it is a start and it showed me that product hubs may be the way to go at HubPages.  If you are interested in how to earn money at HubPages, visit this page.  Once you get the hang of writing hubs, it can be a lot of fun.  And you can earn money several different ways - so there is potential.

My December Income So Far

I've been surprised at how well my income has been growing this month despite my inability to write many articles.  My EHow articles (old account) are doing exceptionally well - my revenue is up 38% over the same time last month.  I hope this continues throughout December.  My Google Adsense earnings are up too. I am averaging over $1.00 a day - generally I earn about $10 a month and I am already over $15 for the month.  My other residual income is staying about the same as it normally is - which is okay since staying the same is better than going down. 

For those of you following my EHow income through the DMS program - I still only have 11 articles there and am now at $5.85 in earnings for 8 weeks. Since I know it takes time for articles to build up steam and start earning, I'm happy with these earnings and as soon as I have the time, I will be adding more articles to increase this source of revenue. 

Hope your December earnings are growing too!

Happy Writing,
Deanna

Jeff Herman's Guide to Book Publishers, Editors, and Literary Agents 2011, 21E: Who They Are! What They Want! How to Win Them Over! (Jeff Herman's Guide ... Editors, Publishers, and Literary Agents)

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see that you are doing well with AdSense and that you made some money with Amazon at HubPages. Several make great money with Amazon by focusing on product Hubs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the things that is great about both Ebay and Adsense is that they both pay out the next month as long as you reach your payout threshold. Amazon’s is 60 days, so I have to wait longer for that, but once you get a pattern going, that pays out monthly as well.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...