Sunday, November 28, 2010

Update on DMS EHow WCA Program

We had quite a snowstorm last week and this young
deer was looking for food under the crab apple tree
in our front yard.
(Copyright Deanna Sletten)
Hi all,

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and found a few great bargains on Black Friday.  We didn't go out on Black Friday morning, but did go to Wal-Mart and Target late Friday evening to see what was left and still found a few bargains. 

Writing for EHow Again

Last month I wrote a blog post on how I was going to try the Demand Media Studio's EHow WCA program and see how it does.  Over the month, I managed to add 9 articles there.  I didn't have any trouble with the editors (as I have in the past) and only had to rewrite 2 of the 9 articles and they were just small fixes.  The articles I wrote were on topics that I knew were popular since I have written on these same topics before on other sites and received high views. 

So, how much did I earn in one month?  As of today, I have earned $1.29 in revenue share from the 9 articles.  No, this is not a lot of money, but it is a start. The articles were added throughout the month of November, so some are almost a month old and some have only been on the site for a week or two.  I suspect that I will make more money next month once the articles have been on the site a bit longer.

Will I Continue with DMS EHow?

The answer is yes.  My EHow articles from the old program continue to increase in earnings each month, so it was silly of me to continue to ignore the possibilities with EHow through DMS.  The small earnings I've received in only one month there shows me there is earning potential and it is worth my time to continue to add articles to this revenue share program.  Creating "How to" titles and writing these articles seems to come easy to me, so it doesn't even seem like work.  In fact, I enjoy it.  I hope to add 10 more articles in December and continue throughout 2011.  I'll let you know how the earnings are at the end of December.

Earnings at Infopirate

I recently told you about the bookmarking site Infopirate (see post here) and I have only been adding bookmarks there for a couple of months.  Today, I was surprised to see I earned .75 cents there.  Not a bad start, considering I only have a few bookmarks there.  If you haven't tried Infopirate yet, you may want to.  It can't hurt. :)

Happy Writing,

Deanna

102 Ways to Earn Money Writing 1,500 Words or Less: The Ultimate Freelancer's Guide

3 comments:

  1. I just started writing for DS EHow early November. I put out about 15 WCA in the last week and a half and already one of them has earned $1.05. I did add the links to InfoPirate and other sites for those articles so hopefully my revenue will go up as people find the articles. Like you said, they do not feel like work and go fairly quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen,
    Thanks for visiting. It's good to hear that you earned so much in only one week. I'm sure you will be reaching payout soon. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deanna, thanks for the reminder.

    I keep telling myself to get on a schedule to write more WCA articles, but I get side tracked. I think I’ll make it one of my goals for the New Year.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...