Friday, September 24, 2010

Back From Short Vacation


Two-Step Falls, Tettegouche State Park
North Shore, MN
Copyright Deanna Lynn Sletten
 Hi all,

I am back after a week's vacation up to the North Shore on Lake Superior here in Minnesota.  Although I've lived in MN for over 32 years, I've never been up past Duluth to the North Shore so this year we finally decided to go there and enjoy the beautiful fall colors. We had beautiful weather (sun and in the 50's - that's warm for this time of year) and enjoyed hiking the many trails and seeing the lighthouse and many waterfalls. I hope to post a more in-depth post and lots of pictures on my travel blog, Traveling Across America, this weekend if you'd like to read more about visiting the North Shore.  I bought a really nice camera before we left so I have some beautiful photos of the trip.

I'll be posting a new blog post here soon too - after having some time off I need to catch up on my writing and blogging.

Happy Writing,
Deanna

Travel Writing (How to)

2 comments:

  1. It looks so pretty. In Indiana, Brown County and Nashville is the place to go for looking at the fall colors. That will likely be a few more weeks since the last week saw a high of 95 on Thursday. I am so glad that I don't live where 50 degrees would be considered warm for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kidgas,
    Actually, 50 degrees and sunny is the perfect weather for hiking the trails. Walking up to the waterfalls or down to the bottom of the waterfalls is pretty intensive - lots of hills and steps. Right now the fall colors are at their peak at our house too - its beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...