Sunday, August 1, 2010

Suite101 Income Continues to Grow

Hi all,

Now that another month is over I'm happy to say that my work at Suite101 is paying off.  Both June and July I have been focusing on adding articles to Suite101 and have seen a nice increase in pay.  Despite all I read on the Suite101 forum about falling revenues, even when adding new articles, I haven't found this to be true.  The more articles I add, the higher my income rises.  I'm not making a fortune yet, but I am slowly building a good residual income.

How much is My Suite Income Growing?

In June I added 10 articles to Suite and my earnings grew by 50%.  In July I added 13 articles and it grew by 40%.  I hope to add at least 10 more articles in August and even if the percentage of income growth declines a little, that will be okay.  As long a it continues growing, even by 10% each month, I would be okay with that.  Of course, more is always better.

What Topics am I Writing About?

What topics am I writing about that allow my income to increase when everyone is complaining that theirs is decreasing?  Most of my articles are on health subjects but I did write a couple of finance articles and also a few news articles that were placed on Google right away.  The news option is new at Suite and I enjoy that we have the option to write news articles.  Since I keep abreast of the latests news feeds for my Examiner pages, I can also find interesting new topics to write about for Suite.  I try to turn the news articles into news with extra information so the article is more than a "here today, forgotten tomorrow" headline.  One of my news articles has surpassed my best "view" earning article on Suite for the past few days, so that is gratifying.

As for so many others earning less-than-average income on Suite, I'm not sure what the problem is. I've read complaints of people whose income dropped to half of their usual income despite adding new articles.  On the internet, topics come and go, subjects are hot today, cold tomorrow, so that could be the reason for so many income drops.  All I know is, if this is their slow time and I am increasing my views and income now, I can't wait for the busy time to come along.  Maybe my income will really go sky high. :)

How did all of you do this month with your residual income?

Happy Writing,
Deanna

(Balloon Photo by Nicolas Raymond Stock.Xchng 714874)

2010 Writer's Market Deluxe (Writer's Market Online)

9 comments:

  1. I only have one article so far on suite101 more due to being busy with other things. After reading your blog I am inspired to write more often on the site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Craftdrawer,
    Thanks for stopping by. I think if you make a concentrated effort of adding articles on a regular basis you will definitly see a rise in income. Before when I would only put one or two articles on Suite every now and then, I didn't see the income grow. Now that I am writing regularly, the income is doing great. Good luck. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I haven't been to suite101 in years. I will have to check it out again! I'm a new follower from MBC and I'd love for you to come visit me at http://www.createyourtraditions.com. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Beth,
    Thanks for visiting. I've stopped by and joined your site as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to hear you're doing well with Suite101. I have been writing for Suite for a year now and I will say that there was a definite decrease in earnings for a time. July was my best month to date, however, so perhaps if there was a kink it is being worked out. I'm more encouraged to keep writing because of the good month. Here's to hoping it continues! Happy writing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deanna,
    Congrats on the increase in your Suite101 income. Glad to hear that you are able to see some immediate benefit from adding those articles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rachel & Kidgas,
    Thanks for stopping by. I'm really happy with the continued increase and so far, 5 days in, my Suite earnings look even better than last month. Here's to hoping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's great to hear that you are making money on Suite 101! I'm over there, but haven't really "dug in" yet...we'll have to keep each other posted :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Stacy,
    When I first started Suite101 over a year ago I really didn't see it's earning potential. I'm glad I continued because it is really worth it. Even if you add an article a week, it adds up fast. Good luck. :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...