Monday, March 29, 2010

My Top Five EHow Articles and Earning More by Using Constant-Content

Hi all,

Every now and then I share my top five eHow articles to let people know that articles do earn money over time at eHow.  While I know some of you are making much more than I am per article, I'm still happy to earn what I do.  As residual income goes, eHow has been the best paying site that I've run into so far.  At eHow I currently have 88 articles and I earn 82% more each month than I do with 100 articles at Associated Content.  So I can't complain.

Here are the top five articles I have on eHow.  I'm adding the date of publication so you can see how long (or short) of time it has taken to earn this money.

6/11/09  How to Stop Belly Bloat        $46.39

7/22/09  How to Improve Your Health with the Benefits of Lecithin   $31.27

8/13/09  How to Lower Bad Cholesterol with Simple Diet Changes  $30.67

8/29/09  How to Make Your Small Kitchen Stylish and Efficient  $15.03

10/23/09  How to Raise Your Metabolism by Eating the Right Foods  $10.43

The best part is that these articles will continue to earn each month.  Now, if I had sold them for full rights of say $35.00 each, then in the long run I would have been losing money because I am sure every one of these articles will surpass that amount eventually.  I also have many other articles that are earning at a good rate which will eventually catch up to these.  So if you are considering residual income, you really need to consider eHow.

You Own All Rights

The second best thing about eHow is that you own all rights to the articles that you post there, so if you do want to earn extra money from your articles, you can.  I re-format some of my eHow articles and sell them on Constant-Content (CC)  for Use Rights Only for $8 to $15 per article depending upon how in-depth they are.  Many have sold, some even twice.  Now, I know that some people will tell you that this will affect your eHow earnings because Google frowns on duplicate content, but I haven't seen this to be true.  And, at CC, many customers also buy articles for their newsletters so some of the content is never duplicated on the internet.

I am coming up to my first full year of earning residual income and I am happy with the results so far.  I have a way to go before I earn the amount of money that I am aiming for in residuals, but with a few more months of hard work I am sure I will get there.

How is your residual income doing so far?

Happy writing,
Deanna

(It all adds up! Photo by Rolve @ Stock.Xchng 1102979)

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your earnings, DeAnna.

    I'm finding that eHow is quickly becoming my shining star as far as residuals go. Now that my articles seem to be earning better, I think its time for me to find yet another venue to build residuals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great that you have done well with those articles. I am not exactly sure I followed the re-formatting for constant content, but it sounds like a good deal.

    I have one article at eHow over $30 so far. The others are quite a bit behind it. Right now, HubPages earns more but I have much more content there than eHow. Measured on a per article basis, eHow is better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing some of your articles. It definately helps when articles begin to mature!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kidgas,
    Thanks for visiting. When I say I reformat the articles for CC, I mean that I make them look more article-friendly instead of step-by-step. It is basically the same information just put together a little nicer.

    I think it is great that you are able to do so well at HubPages. I wrote there 2 years ago, only earned about $3.00, decided to delete all my articles and give it up. Then, recently I've tried HubPages again, but I don't have many articles there. It's good to hear it is profitable for you. :)

    Rachel - Thanks also for visiting. Yes, it is good to see that articles at eHow continue to earn money many months down the line.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...