Thursday, February 11, 2010

eHow Pays Out UK Earnings

Hi all,

If you've been a writer at eHow for some time then you know about the issue concerning U.S. articles being on the UK site without any compensation.  eHow fixed the problem so the articles no longer appeared on the UK site and then said they would be compensating US writer for the lost earnings with the February payment. From the sound of it on the forum at eHow, I think some of us expected payment to be considerable, considering our articles were on the UK site for many months.  I think we expected too much.

The payment is in and it doesn't sound like everyone is happy with their UK compensation.  I received only $4.18 in compensation for the UK views.  Honestly, I figured it would be at least $20 to $40 dollars for all those months.  I guess I should be happy that they paid anything at all, but it was so small an amount that it is almost insulting.  It would be interesting to know how much money eHow earned from the UK site during that time period as opposed to what they finally paid out.  Could we say that this is just another example of corporate greed??? 

I like writing for eHow and this will in no way detour me from continuing to submit articles to the site, but it is disappointing.  What did you think of your extra UK earnings?  How do you feel about it?

Happy writing,
Deanna

PS - As I was writing this post, a beautiful doe went walking past the window in the front yard and slowly headed down the driveway.  It seems that everyday at this time, this particular doe goes by, following the same path.  Creature of habit?  Although deer around here are very common, it always continues to amaze me when I see them.  With so many places in this country being crowded and over-populated, I feel lucky we live in a place where deer wander in the front and back yard. :)

(Photo by Nikolas Aaya @ Stock.Xchng 1212414)

4 comments:

  1. I am not sure that I got anything extra and wouldn't begin to be able to figure out how to know if I did. It's OK since I don't earn a ton anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first visit to your site but what in the world is going on with the non-publishing of articles. Aargh! Any Insight? Maybe you already addressed this. I will read on. Elainek user at ehow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kidgas,
    You can see how much you earned from the UK sites by checking your "Earnings" in your profile. It will show how much you actually earned for the month of January 2010 and then the payout will show to be larger. The difference is your UK earnings. However, for those who didn't make it to the $10 minimum in January, this will be difficult to figure out. You will have to wait until you reach a payout to see that they pay you more than you show as having earned.

    Hi Elaine,
    Thanks for visiting my site. I'm not sure what you mean by the non-publishing of articles. Are you submitting articles that are being rejected or are they just sitting there waiting to be published? I've had a few articles take several days to go through the review process, but they always get through. Maybe this issue is being addressed on the eHow forum. Sorry I have no answers for you.

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do agree the compensation was almost more insulting than if they just didn't pay at all. I hope eHow can recover from this and continue the WCP because I've really enjoyed writing and earning there.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...