Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sticking with Suite101


Hi all,

In my Year in Review post I said that I wasn't sure what I was going to do about Suite101 for 2010.  While I like the prestige of writing for Suite101, I hadn't had a good return on my earnings considering how many articles I had written.  However, after giving it a few weeks, I think I've had a change of heart.

Why I'm Sticking with Suite101

In order to stay within the conditions of my contract with Suite101, I added two new articles this month to try to stay current. I have to admit, I've been very lax since late November in adding articles, so I decided it was time to do so.  While those articles didn't raise my numbers significantly, they did add to the fray and I noticed that my earnings were rising at a nice rate.  Maybe like eHow, it just takes awhile and a certain number of articles before you start seeing a difference in earnings.  I noticed at eHow around article 36 I began seeing the income add up.  At Suite101 I now have 32 articles and the earnings are growing at a better rate.  I think if I stick to it now, the earnings may increase to the point where I feel it is a profitable use of my time.  I hope so.

So, What's My Problem?

My biggest problem over the next two or three months is time.  While I am working on my novel, I only want to write articles for the sites that are the most profitable for me so I don't waste my writing time.  Constant-Content, eHow and Examiner are my most profitable sites at the moment, and keeping up with three sites is enough work without adding another one.  But since my long-term goal is to build a good residual income base, it would be best for me to stick with Suite101.  Now, if only I had more time in my day...

If you are interested in writing for Suite101, click the link and check it out.  Many people find it is a great site to earn residual income at.  I'm just a late bloomer. ;)

Happy Writing,
DeAnna

(Clock by Bartek Ambrozik @ Stock.Xchng 1207257)

3 comments:

  1. DeAnna,
    Best of luck getting your novel completed this year. It sounds like a ton of work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best on the novel, DeAnna and glad you're sticking with Suite101. I started seeing gud numbers after article 50 and now with over 100 articles, am making over a dollar per article per month..With ur talent and experience, this wouldn't be a problem..
    Best wishes always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by Prerna, and for the nice comments. Over 100 articles on Suite already?? Good for you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...