Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Self Growth Engine - Potential Article Writing Site


Hello everyone and Happy New Year,

This is not only my first blog post for 2010 but also my 75th blog post.  I don't generally keep track of which number post I am writing but I did notice that as I was hitting the button for a new post.  Hopefully the first 74 posts have helped you with your writing career and the next 75 will also.

While I did do a Year in Review of all of the writing sites I write for, I am not going to bore you with a long post about my goals for 2010.  In short, my goals are to continue writing for varies sites and to complete my novel and, hopefully, (cross your fingers) sell it to a publisher.  I also will try to continue to bring you interesting information about writing sites and writing opportunities. 

Self Growth Engine

I did want to share with you a new website called Self Growth Engine.  I learned about this brand new site a few months ago when they were looking for writers.  I was offered an opportunity to write for this site, but since I didn't want to be tied down to deadlines at that time, I declined.  Upon visiting the site, I see that they advertise to "Write for Us".  While the site does not specify how much or if you are paid, I think it would be worth looking into.  They do have a short application form and you must submit a sample of your work.  After that, I am not sure what happens.  Since they had come to me to be a writer, I didn't have to go throught that process.  But as I said, I think they may be worth the time to check out.

What is Self Growth Engine?

Self Growth Engine is a website that covers various topics in articles and blog posts.  Some of the topics they cover are Emotional, Professional, Financial, Education, Health and Wellness and Relationships as well as many other topics.  It looks as if they want to also be an interactive site where readers can share information with each other as well.  This looks like a very professional site and could be the next great thing for writers.

If you find out more than I know, please leave a comment and share with us. 

Happy writing,

DeAnna

(Hope you are staying warm and cozy by the fireplace! Photo by Aleksandra Burzacka Stock.Xchng 625542)

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this DeAnna and congrats on the article on Beliefnet as well!! Way to go..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a work from home mom too and and I'm glad this career is now available for us. I can spend more time with my family. They're the most important thing to me.

    Megan J.
    Article Writer

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...