Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Where do All the Clicks Come From?

Hi all,


The Internet never ceases to amaze me when it comes to my writing endevours.  I check the views daily on the various writing sites I work for to see how things are going.  Generally there are a few clicks here, a few clicks there, (here a click, there a click, everywhere a click, click - okay I just had to, sorry), but once in a while I will be amazed by a sudden jump in clicks on a particular site or article.  For example, an article on Suite101 that has been sitting there for two months earning about 10 clicks each day suddenly had a 400+ click day yesterday.  Why? Where did the sudden interest come from? I searched where the clicks were coming from (you get detailed info at Suite) and yet could not understand why the sudden interest in this subject.  Now, I'm not complaining, but it always baffles me when a seemingly dead article suddenly comes to life. This happened once before on Suite with another article, and I always find it interesting.

Yet...I am struggling for every click I can get for my articles at Life123.  One article is at 32 clicks and I am waiting for the day it hits 50 so I will earn that treasured first $5.00.  I didn't think it would take too long to rack up the clicks, because I am used to Suite101 and eHow articles getting at least 100 clicks the first day.  It has been an interesting experiement.

I have finished my special article assignment that I mentioned in the last post and will now spend my time adding more articles to eHow and Examiner and possibly Life123 (because I never admit defeat).  My eHow clicks are slower this month than last month, yet my Associated Content clicks are up high.  Triond clicks are higher than usual this month but they will not make me rich. And this blog is enjoying the clicks of many, many visitors.  I don't make a lot of money from my blog and have yet to reach the Google minimum payment, but it was never my intention to earn a living off of my blog.  I just enjoy sharing information with other writers and meeting all the new people who come along.  My blog is like my office where I can visit with co-workers.  It's fun!

How are your clicks doing this month??

Happy writing,
DeAnna

(Photo by Samatha Mesones @ Stock.Xchng 723000)

3 comments:

  1. This is a great blog with a lot of info. I will follow and stay tuned in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi BeenAroundTheWorld,
    Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. DeAnna,
    I understand what you mean about Life123 with the exception that none of my articles ever garner all that many clicks anyway. So for me, Life123 is about on the same pace as everything else. Maybe it is because I am still less than a year old. Hopefully, it will pick up for you, but I see your results as decent relatively speaking.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...