Saturday, December 26, 2009

Examiner Article Picked For "Year in Review 2009"

Hi all,


Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas holiday.  We are in the midst of a very long-running snow storm here.  Luckily, we are having breaks in the snow every so often so the roads are plowed and then we start all over again.  These pictures are of our front yard and driveway this morning. 

I received an e-mail the other day informing me that one of my articles at Examiner, "Niacin and Cholesterol",  was chosen for their special section of the Year in Review.  The e-mail stated that their criteria for choosing articles was:

We considered a few criteria when selecting articles:



-Written in a timely matter on a major news story that was unique to the Health Channel
-Aesthetically pleasing
-Incorporated a local angle (where possible)
-One of the best articles written on a major news story that was unique to the Health Channel

I was very happy to have my article chosen.  As many of you know, I have been the Minnesota Heart Health Examiner for only a couple of months, so to have one of my articles chosen after only being there a short time is an honor. 

If you are interested in joining Examiner.com as a writer, you can read my review first to learn more about the site.  If you do join, I'd really appreciate it if you use my referral number on the membership form.  It won't cost you a thing but will be a great help to me.  My referral number is 28293.

Happy writing,
DeAnna


(Top photo - our driveway; Bottom photo: Our front yard 12/26/09.  Photos copyright Deanna Sletten 2009)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the honor. It is deserved for sure. The snow looks peaceful, but glad it is you and not me.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...