Tuesday, November 24, 2009

eHow Update and Happy Thanksgiving!

Hi all,


First of all I'd like to wish all of you and your families a very Happy Thanksgiving. No matter how your year has gone, we can all find something to be thankful for.  It is also a good time to look ahead and make dreams into reality.  Enjoy the next few days with family and friends and try not to overeat and overspend on Black Friday!

I've been having an especially good month at eHow and wanted to share some of my top selling articles with you.  When I first started writing for residual income sites I really didn't know what to expect.  Even though I had read that people make a good income this way, you just never know until you try it yourself.  I didn't quickly write hundreds of articles to toss onto eHow - I've been at a slower pace and have only 66 articles there right now.  This month my income is up 43% from last month, even though I have only placed 7 new articles there this month. Most of my income is building up from older articles, although one article I placed there this month is earning income fast.  Here are my five top earning eHow articles. The amount earned is the total each article has earned to date since being placed on the site. I will put the date published so you can see how long it has taken to earn this amount.

6/11/09 - How to Stop Belly Bloat    $19.98
7/22/09 - How to Improve your Health with the Benefits of Lecithin   $12.13
8/13/09 - How to Lower Bad Cholesterol with Simple Diet Changes  $16.10
8/29/09 - How to Make a Kitchen Stylish and Efficient  $11.94
11/1/09 - How to Lose Dangerous Belly Fat  $8.10

My other eHow articles are anywhere between the $2 to $7 dollar range and one or two are earning no money at all.  The good thing is that the income continues to grow and you never know when a topic will suddenly become popular.  The article on lecithin had a slow start and then suddenly took off, it continues to earn money every day.  Maybe some of my non-earners will suddenly begin earning too.

eHow isn't Perfect

Of course, as in any job, eHow isn't perfect.  But of all the sites I write for, it is the best earning site so far.  I did lose 4 articles this month from an eHow sweep for silly reasons, but I could place them elsewhere so it didn't really matter.  I also have had a problem with their new "review" system when I edit an older article. Both times I edited an article, it had to go through review again and then it came up as a plagiarized article and it took eHow several days to figure out that yeah, the article came up plagiarized because it had already been published on eHow!  Very frustrating but it does get resolved. 

How are all of you doing on eHow this month?

Happy writing,
DeAnna

3 comments:

  1. DeAnna,
    First off thanks for pointing out my error in today's post. I have corrected it.
    Secondly, my eHow income is down by about half so far this month. It is kind of disappointing, but such is life. Overall, I am still doing OK.
    Finally, Happy Thanksgiving to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi DeAnna,
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours as well.. You're right, we all have something to be thankful for!
    Glad to know eHow is doing really well for you. Hope it just gets better and better!!
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am ticked off at eHow right now as I submitted a title to see if it was available before making my craft and taking pictures during all the steps. I was encouraged to write the article, but then half way through it I received a pop up stating the title was taken with an error message asking if I really wanted to compete with others for the same title. I posted the pictures on my Wordless Wednesday. Oh well. Live and learn...

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...