Monday, September 14, 2009

Slow and Steady Wins the Writing Residual Income Race and eHow's New Article Submission Guidelines


Hi all,
Recently at our local Chinese restaurant (we only have one, small town) my husband opened his fortune cookie and got this message, "Slow and steady wins the race". We all laughed because we sometimes refer to him as a "turtle" (sometimes he moves sooo slow) so the fortune fit him to a tee. However, what is really funny is that this fortune actually does apply to anyone who is trying to build up residual income with their writing. Working steadily will eventually win you the income you are working for.

The eHow Residual Income Race

When writing for eHow, writing consistantly and perssistance is the key to finally earning income. I have only been with eHow for three months, however in that time I have seen people join and give up because they were not making the big bucks fast. They work as fast as they can to drop 20 or 30 articles on the site and then stop because they have run themselves down. Generally the articles are low quality or of little use to readers, or are just not SEO friendly and do not earn the income they so desired. Then they just give up and walk away, discouraged with the site.

I already knew that residual income from writing sites depended upon the content you created and how well the advertising did on your articles, so I didn't expect big bucks fast. I did continue to write articles that I hoped were helpful for the reader and also of some quality. It wasn't until I had published 36 articles on eHow that I began seeing the potential of good income. All of a sudden, as if by magic, the income began to grow much faster than it had been. By the 10th of this month, I had already surpassed my income from last month and I am hoping to triple that income by the end of this month. I am at 40 articles now and hope to be at 55-60 articles by the end of the month. Even though it took some time, I am seeing a good return on my work and hope to continue growing this income in the months ahead.

And the Message Is...

So my message here is - if you are wondering if the work you are putting into residual income writing sites is worth it, the answer is yes. If you are writing quality articles and are building up a body of work on a residual income site then you will eventually reap the rewards. Don't give up after only a few articles - keep writing so you can begin to earn the money you deserve. "Slow and steady wins the race"!

eHow's New Article Submission Guidelines

For you eHow'ers who have had problems with articles being deleted because they were not up to snuff, or those of you who are new to eHow, you will want to check out the new and improved article submission guidelines on the forum. If you follow their guidelines then you won't have to worry that your hard work will be deleted on the next article sweep.



Happy writing,

DeAnna

8 comments:

  1. Thanks DeAnna, It is easy to start out with a bang at eHow and then fizzle out and get discouraged because you aren't making any money. I kind of stepped back writing for a bit to catch my breath and play with Bukisa and setting up a twitter page, but now am getting inspired on writing some new stuff... take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi David,
    I know how you feel. Sometimes it is hard to know where to put all of your energy, especially if it isn't looking like there is money to be made. But if you hang in there at eHow, the money will start to generate. I've been going back and forth between eHow and Suite101 myself, but finally decided to put more time into eHow for now and then work on Suite101 some more. Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi DeAnna. Thanks for this article it is a very informative article. I simply have a problem with tags myself. I know that it takes time to build up anything regarding writing. But tags stop me point blank. Great article. Great blog.

    Tami

    ReplyDelete
  4. DeAnna,
    This is a great article with good insight. So few have what it takes to delay gratification and stick with the investment of time necessary to get it done especially when it comes to writing online.

    I also like your blog design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great read. Thought I'd come by and say HELLO. I just recently got anothe payment for articles from them. I got a job writing stroller reviews and make excellent money found it in a Tweet on Twitter. Imagine that. N still have checks coming in from EHOW I so need to come back I think if people take the time to r, r, comment on others articles then their writes do well. GOOD luck
    COME by for a visit. I'm in need of some comment can u please HELP OUT. Thanks a Bunch.
    http://nightowlmama.blogspot.com/2009/09/samsung-washer-and-dryer-giveaway.html
    :) DIdn't win the Disney Trip but I have an opportunity to win the Washer and DRYER with 6 people here and my washer broke down the laundry matt stinks. I could use this thank you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi DeAnna,
    Thanks for your nice comments on my blog! Your blog is awesome! I look forward to reading more of your articles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Popping in from MBC!
    Now following your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great info to know! Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...